109 days and counting

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was recommended to talk with you all. I can't believe today will be 109 days pull free from pulling my hair. Ive been pulling since I was 12 years old and I'm now 34. This is my first real stop and I'm seriously struggling everyday. I'm feeling so stressed and uncertain as to the future which Im sure everyone is feeling but can't help feeling lost. Im drowing under the pressure to pull cause im that stress and anxious and the need to pull is becoming unbearable. Please if anyone feels like talking to me to help pull me through this tough time I'll really appreciate the support. Thank you x

Comments

• Hi Danielle, these are really tough times aren't they. I've been tempted to smoke again, but if I did (and if you pulled) it might feel good for a moment, but that's it. It won't help anything and we'll just have one more thing to beat ourselves up for. Stay strong if you can. If you do slip up, that's ok but make sure you pick yourself straight back up and start again.

• Thank you Michelle just feeling even more stressed at the moment especially due to covid 19, home schooling my kids and the stress of work and money
  • You can only do as much as you can Danielle. Go easy on yourself and celebrate every achievement, no matter how small it might seem.

• Hi Danielle,

Just wondered how you're doing? My goodness, 109 days, amazing!!!⭐
    I absolutely agree with Michelle, the pulling might make you think that it's better in that moment, but it won't be in the long run.
    Something though, I was told, and really try and remember it, you're wonderful whether you're pulling/picking or not.

Take lots of care of yourself as well. I'm trying to home school my children as well, and again like Michelle said, there only so much you can do. Don't beat yourself up, we're not teachers, and we're all just trying to get through this.

Be great to chat with you. Xx
  • I'm 190 days now. Really struggling now. Everyday I'm so mentally drained and really need to see the light at the end of the tunnel and not the train.
  • Hi Danielle,
    What an inspiration, 190 days-AMAZING!!! you should be so incredibly proud of yourself, nearly 200 days, I'm just in awe of you. Keep that strength going, as you really can do this. Please post again, so we know your progress. We'll done Danielle xx

• 190 days is incredible! There will be days when it feels hard again and on those days it can feel like it's always a battle with no end in sight. Keep a diary of how you feel each day. Is your mind playing tricks on you? Are you having a blip once a month but otherwise feeling good? I'm sure it will pass but I know how demoralising that feeling can be. You're doing AMAZING <3

• 190 days! Wow, that is incredible! I hope you are still doing well. Thank you for the inspiration.

• How are you doing Danielle?