kinky regrowth

I stopped pulling the hair on my head last October after about 20 years of pulling. It has grown back, but the texture is very different from the rest of my hair. My hair is curly, but wavy curls. The hair in the area where I pulled is super-kinky, very unattractive (though better than being bald).

My question is, how long does it take to look normal again?? I've read that it takes hair follicles 2-6 years to heal. Yikes! Really?? Can anyone share experience with this? I already have several inches of regrowth.

What helped me to stop (since I suspect people will ask) is a combination of NAC and a new boyfriend. I didn't want to hear him ask me why I was bald in that area. I used a habit checklist to tally the pulls in each day, and gave myself a green mark for that day if there were no pulls, red if there were any pulls). It was remarkably effective (with the NAC - that's critical). I haven't pulled a single hair since October 22, 2019.

Comments

• thats amazing and encouraging to hear that hair does grow back if you stop pulling