Help

Hi, my name’s Giavanna and I’m a college freshman. I’ve been battling Trich since middle school and appear to be at my worst. I have a patch on my hairline by my forehead and my eyebrows seem like they’ll never grow back. I’m not sure what to do anymore because I know there doesn’t HAVE to be a trigger. I’ve tried CBT and I’ve had counselors, I take N-acetylcysteine to try and help. I’m also on an anxiety medication. But nothing’s working. My mom has spent so much time and money on my battle and it seems to only be getting worse. I can’t sleep or go out in public because I’m so ashamed of myself and feel so much guilt; yet I can’t stop pulling. Please help me. I want to be happy with myself but all I do is hate who I am. I’m afraid I’ve pulled to the point my scalp won’t heal. Help me please.

Comments

• Hi there Giavanna - what a lovely name!!!

Congratulations for trying everything out there. Tric does need a very special approach because of its obsessive nature.

I can promise you that you haven't pulled to the point your scalp won't heal. I stopped hair pulling after 27 years of pulling and although I do have permanent damage, I have treated people with this for over 30 years. I have never met anyone who has done permanent damage to scalp hair with less than 20 years of pulling.

Eyebrows, on the other hand, are easy to damage.

Trust us and stick with us. Do one day without pulling and then post and let us know.

Looking forward to hearing from you as I KNOW you can do it.

Love and freedom
    Neo